NewsA message from the State Manager AMEB (NSW)
Dear teachers, candidates and parents,
NewsCertificate of Performance exam options
Certificate of Performance exam options for 2021 Metro Music second session Read more...
NewsGrades 1, 5, 6 and 7 Speech & Performance Theory now online
Speech & Performance Theory G 1 & G 5 - 7 can now be taken online Read more...
NewsOnline Theory of Music course - Grade 4
Online Theory of Music course - Grade 4 now available.
NewsVideo Repertoire exam preparation
Information to help prepare for a Video Repertoire exam
The Fellowship in Music Australia is the highest and most prestigious award offered by AMEB. The Fellowship can be undertaken for any instrument currently available for examination.
The following information is provided as an overview. Please refer to the current Manual of Syllabus for details.
There are three steps required to enter for a Fellowship exam:
1. Program submission
- The candidate must submit their proposed program, together with timings, for approval by AMEB.
2. Video audition
- The candidate can then submit a video recording of their entire program for approval.
3. Enrolment for recital exam
- The candidate must enrol within 12 months of the video audition approval.
Before starting the entry process, please contact the AMEB (NSW) State Manager for more information.
AUDITION FEE: Please contact Federal AMEB for details
EXAM FEE: $1023 (for 2021 recital exam)
* All prices quoted include GST unless stated otherwise.
All transactions paid by credit card will incur a 0.4% surcharge
DURATION: 80 mins (60 mins for Brass, Woodwind and Singing)
- Pieces: A balanced program that has been approved by the Federal Chief Examiner.
- The exam is conducted in the form of a recital, including an audience and a prepared program.
- Three copies of the music must be provided for the examiners.
- For information about memorisation, the recital and assessment, please refer to the current Manual of Syllabus.
FMusA exams are generally conducted in the Music Diploma Session in September/October each year. See the Exam Dates page for more information.